It’s a quiet day in Riderville with the Riders on the road for Wednesday’s pre-season game with the B.C. Lions.
I still have to feed the beast, so there will be stories in the Leader-Post on Wednesday and online later.
- Odell Willis’s DUI charge has been bound over to the State Court of DeKalb County. It wasn’t heard on Tuesday in Dunwoody Municipal Court and likely won’t be scheduled for another six to eight weeks. The story is will soon be posted on leader-post.com with all of the details I was able to piece together.
- No word on the contract extension for slotback Chris Getzlaf on Tuesday. General manager Brendan Taman had hoped to have things in place before the team left for Vancouver, but that didn’t take place. Maybe there will be an official announcement later in the week.
- The Riders released their upcoming training camp schedule. Here’s the link and I hope to see you there.
- Here’s another link to the depth chart and roster for Wednesday’s game. To tee up the big game, I take a look at some of the more interesting things to watch on TV. I also expand on what’s ahead for the rookie quarterbacks on Wednesday.
- That’s about it. I’ll be in Vancouver pounding out whatever I know on a tight deadline on Wednesday. Then it’s back to Regina on Thursday on the same flight as the Riders. Unfortunately I’m in a middle seat. I hope I’m between two defensive backs and not some offensive linemen. That would be better for all of us.